18 Questions To Ask To Inform Your Decision
As we age, everyday tasks can sometimes become more difficult to handle. Many seniors try to stay independent and in their homes as long as possible, but at a certain point, this could be more detrimental to their well-being.
There are some common signs that it may be time for assisted living. Eighteen questions to ask about their situation and assisted living communities will help you make an informed decision about next steps.
Ask Yourself or Your Loved One:
- Are they experiencing falls or mobility issues?
- Have you noticed hygiene, cooking, and housekeeping are harder to handle?
- Have you noticed more isolation, loneliness, and decreased activity levels?
- Does your loved one have difficulty managing medications?
- Have you noticed changes in their mood?
- Do they seem to have few or no outlets for hobbies and interests?
- Do they display a lack of interest in or have difficulty with home maintenance?
- Are you experiencing caregiver burnout?
Senior living retirement communities like Belleview Suites at DTC offer a better lifestyle with assisted living and memory care options. With consistent care, activities, and amenities, life is easier to enjoy. If you’ve noticed some changes in your loved one, start by taking our quiz, then look into taking an assisted living virtual tour, or come for a visit in person.
Do Your Research
When visiting any assisted living community, you’ll want to get a good feel for what the community is like in everyday life. Take a look at the surroundings, talk to current residents, and be sure to ask associates all of your questions.
Your parent or loved one should have their care needs met and be as comfortable and happy as possible. Asking the right questions now will help you make the right decision.
- Do you provide customized care plans and health monitoring?
- What kind of training does staff complete?
- Do you have licensed caregivers available?
- Can you assist with dining, dressing, and bathing?
- What therapies are available onsite (physical, occupational, speech, etc.)?
- What regular activities are available?
- Do you have ample outdoor space?
- What amenities does your community feature?
- What floor plans and features do your apartment homes have?
- Can I see a sample dining services menu?
Putting seniors first
At communities like Belleview Suites at DTC, your loved one’s care and comfort are our top priorities. We have 24/7 nursing staff available, which sets us apart from many other assisted living facilities in the Denver area. The longevity of our staff also stands out. It means we get to know your loved one’s needs and develop strong relationships with them.
A long list of amenities like the outdoor courtyard, library, beauty/barbershop, full-service dining, ice cream parlor, and so much more make life in our community truly enjoyable. Let your loved one say goodbye to worries about their care, their home, and their social calendar. We can take care of it all.
Residents in assisted living enjoy activities like crafts, baking, art projects, and cooking. Our warm, inviting environment offers numerous ways to have fun with friends and family members or just relax and rest.
Find a superior senior experience at Belleview Suites.
When you’re wondering if it’s time for assisted living, 18 questions to ask our caring staff will help you learn more about us and how we care for your loved one. Take an assisted living virtual tour and get in touch with us today to find the answers you need.