Would you like to find Alzheimer’s or dementia care for your loved one but are wary of rehousing them in a facility? Do you find yourself wondering what life in a memory care community looks like or who is providing care?
The best way to find the care your loved one requires is to take a physical tour. To save time in narrowing down your search, take a virtual tour of what to expect from Belleview Suites at DTC, and gain insight into Alzheimer’s and dementia care in the Denver area.
What To Expect When Touring a Memory Care Facility
As a MemoryCare.com Best Memory Care Facility in Denver winner, Belleview Suites at DTC is a resource for your family. We’re not only here to relieve you of your caretaker duties; we’re here to answer your questions about dementia care. It’s as simple as contacting us to get started.
Preparing for the Tour
It’s important to us to answer the questions that give your family peace of mind. Bringing a list of pre-made questions when going on a tour is a great start. Think of questions that are specific to your loved one, and ask their primary care provider for any additional queries. Here are some sample questions to get you started:
- What assistance with activities of daily living do you provide?
- How do residents interact with each other?
- What are the residents’ favorite activities?
- Do you involve the family in individual care plans?
- What are visitation hours?
- Does the community accept VA Benefits or long-term care insurance?
- What training do associates complete?
- What steps do you take to prevent wandering?
- Can you provide meals for special diets?
- What cleaning services does the community provide?
On the Tour
Be observant and take note of what you see. Of course, it might be a lot of information to take in. Remain watchful of:
- Who is interacting with the residents?
- What activities are taking place?
- Is the design of the apartments and community accessible?
- Is there outdoor access?
- Where will their apartment be located?
- How are residents interacting with each other?
- When are meals served?
- Does the food look appetizing?
Why is it called memory care?
You’re likely searching the internet for Alzheimer’s care or a dementia care facility. Belleview Suites at DTC provides memory care for Alzheimer’s and dementia, and it’s a service we provide in addition to assisted living.
Memory care is assisted living for people living with a form of memory loss. Residents benefit from access to specially trained care associates, outdoor exercise, daily memory enhancing activities, relaxing amenities, and the Connections program.
The Connections Program
Pegasus Senior Living Senior Health and Wellness Consultant Dr. Sandra Petersen inspired the Connections program which works to slow the memory loss process while providing purposeful engagement and daily socialization.
Dr. Petersen’s experience with a stroke inspired her to explore the power of neuroplasticity to build new neural pathways around the damaged brain sections of people with a form of dementia. With the Connections program, you can expect the following for your loved one, daily:
Engaging the Emotions
- Music and movement
- Hand massage
- Favorite Things
- Balloon volleyball
- Gardening club
- Sunday strolls
Challenging the Brain
- Word games
- Smartboard games
- Reading club
- Scenic drives and supervised outings
- Coffee chat
- Cooking club
- Happy hour
What To Expect From Belleview Suites at DTC
Located near I-25 and C-470, we’re centrally located for family visitations and prepared to arrange daily virtual visits as well.
In addition to nurse-provided care and engaging activities, your loved one will live an independent life full of purpose and enjoyment. Expect:
- Three daily meals made with seasonal and brain-healthy ingredients
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service in their private apartment
- Transportation service to appointments, shopping, and entertainment
- On-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Secure environment
- Outdoor walking paths
- Gardening area
- Special events, holiday parties, and community festivals
Find Alzheimer’s Care in Denver, CO
Contact us or call (303) 796-8009 to ask questions and arrange a tour. Find our beautiful campus overlooking Monaco Park at 4901 S Monaco St, Denver, CO 80237.