Tucson Place at Ventana Canyon
Welcome to Tucson Place at Ventana Canyon, an assisted living and memory care community that goes above and beyond for you. Imagine a lifestyle that includes socializing with others, receiving all the services you need from certified team members, and investing more time in a beloved interest or hobby. We’re smaller than other communities, but that means we are more like family!
Watch How We Make Your Family Our Family
Hi, I'm Suzanne,
the Executive Director for Tucson Place at Ventana Canyon.
My interest in senior living started when I became a Culinary Director for an independent living building in Tucson, Arizona. Coming from a resort background, I enjoyed the conversations between the residents and myself while walking through the dining room.
Bringing joy to seniors’ lives, even if only by a smile, makes my day and makes my job less like work and more like volunteering. What I love most about my community is the tranquility of the mountain views from many of the common areas and resident rooms, which are a great conversation starter when residents first move in. It warms my heart to have a resident close the conversation with, “I appreciate you stopping by.”
I enjoy playing Pub Trivia with the residents; the Wicked Wildcats — their team’s name — are very competitive and do well with this interactive game. Our dining room has a fabulous Dining Service Director; he knows all residents by name and spends time requesting suggestions. My favorite meal served in the community is chef’s meatloaf.
Thanks for taking the time to view our website. I hope you can participate in an in-person or virtual tour soon. You will find that the residents are extremely welcoming and will assist while you acclimate to your new home. We look forward to you joining our family.
With endless day trips and outings, we love calling Tucson, Arizona home.
What to Expect
Tucson Place at Ventana Canyon sets up a comforting and productive environment for you and your loved ones. Curl up with a good book in our library, enjoy arts and crafts with the grandkids, or host family get-togethers in our spacious common areas.
What to Do in Tucson
Not only do we provide the attentive service you need and deserve, but we are also located nearby local attractions, restaurants, shops, and parks in Tucson.
Residents can enjoy visiting downtown Tucson and other local places nearby, including the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Mission San Xavier del Bac, Saguaro National Park and Old Tucson.
Outings and Events
- Scenic drives to Agua Caliente Historic Park, Fort Lowell Park, Davis Monthan Air Force Base/The Airplane Boneyard, Local History of Street Names, and more
- Movies and shopping at Park Place Mall
- Grocery shopping at Bashas’, Target, and Walmart
- Lunch and dinner outings at Blue Willow, Millie’s Pancake Haus, Polish Cottage, La Parilla Suiza, Eegees, Pinnacle Peak Steak House, and more
- History of Pharmacy Museum (University of Arizona), Postal History Museum, Mini Time Museum of Miniatures, and the Jewish History Museum
- Reid Park Zoo
- Disney on Ice
- Car shows
- Winterhaven (a Christmas Hallmark-like neighborhood in Tucson that goes all out for several weeks in Dec. with walkthroughs, carriage rides, and food trucks)