ADA Compliance: Our Web Accessibility Policy
Pegasus Senior Living provides communities where seniors can receive devoted care and benefit from helpful information regardless of any limitations they may have. Because our online presence is also important to the well-being of our current and potential residents as well as their families, we regularly evaluate and improve our corporate and community websites’ ease of use. Our decisions below are influenced by the latest best practices of web development that align with accessibility-related legislation and its often-cited Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Standards and Compliance
- Pegasus Senior Living’s corporate and community websites use HTML5, CSS3 and other current web programming languages.
- We prioritize current standard browsers; however, users with older browsers should still be able to access our information.
- We use only one H1-level heading per page and maintain logical hierarchies between headings.
- Headings and paragraphs adequately contrast against their intended backgrounds.
- Text is still readable when resized up to 200%.
- Links are intended to make sense considering their context.
- Each image that conveys useful information and is used in our websites includes alternative text—which is identical to its title tag—so that users with screen readers can understand what is being communicated.
- We have avoided using unnecessary words such as “image” or “icon” in our alt and title tags.
- Images (excluding full-width backgrounds) that are uploaded in JPG and JPEG format are outlined to achieve greater contrast against their surroundings.
- Users can still comprehend our sites’ messaging when images or stylesheets are turned off.
- Videos embedded on our sites are captioned on YouTube, and we have enabled captions to automatically show on all videos from Pegasus Senior Living’s YouTube channel.
- Our form fields contain focus indicators.
- We have optimized our websites for tablets and cell phones of various sizes.
If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of Pegasus Senior Living’s websites, please contact our team.