What is Independent Living?
Independent living is another way of saying retirement living in a community. These senior living communities are made up of seniors who can and want to have an active lifestyle. These retirement communities come in many forms, like houses, condos, and apartment-style buildings. It’s like an age-restricted neighborhood where all your neighbors share every-day interests and the desire to live independent lives.
VISITING AN INDEPENDENT LIVING COMMUNITY?
Independent Living Benefits
The benefits of independent living are plentiful. In these senior communities, you have the option to take home maintenance, yard work, cleaning, and even laundry off your plate. You can then use your free time to mingle with new and old friends, enjoy social events, and try new activities in the company of others in a similar stage in life.
- Community services and activities
- Fitness and wellness programs
- Daily meals in a group dining room, restaurant-style dining, and the ability to prepare your own meals in your own kitchen
- Home maintenance, including laundry services, housekeeping, and more
- Transportation services if you do not own a car or do not wish to drive
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Regular health care access
- Round-the-clock security
- Concierge services and personal assistance
Our associates work with residents to create engaging programming that will inspire hospitality, wellness, and full engagement of mind, body, and spirit. Plus, your family members are welcome to enjoy our amenities and activities alongside our residents—from holiday to holiday and every day in between.