About the COVID-19 Vaccine
What are Pegasus' guidelines on COVID-19 vaccinations?
We continue to strongly encourage COVID-19 vaccines for our residents, family members, and team members. All of our communities will offer free on-site vaccination clinics for residents and family members. Because of the Pfzier/BioNTech vaccine’s U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval, and our residents’ safety at the forefront of all that we do, all Pegasus team members must be vaccinated by November 1, 2021.
Do visitors have to be vaccinated to visit a Pegasus community?
Pegasus communities may inquire about a visitor’s vaccination status or ask for proof or attestation of vaccination, dependent on state guidelines. We will also follow all state-mandated guidelines as they are issued.
What other steps is Pegasus taking to prevent any COVID-19 spread?
Other steps we are taking to minimize the risk of COVID-19 include:
- Continuing and enforcing wearing face masks by all team members and visitors.
- Screening surveys and temperature checks of visitors and team members as they enter the community and directing any team members who may be sick to stay home.
- Staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds, and cleaning hands.
- Adhering to all state guidelines for each visitor prior to entering the community. In some areas where the virus is prevalent, we may require additional testing of team members and visitors prior to entering the community. These requirements may change as the science and subsequent guidance continues to evolve.
What do we know now about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine?
Here's what we know:
- The Pfizer vaccine is highly effective at preventing serious illness or death from COVID-19.
- As of August 2021, almost 5.0 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered world-wide and approximately 200 million doses have been administered in the U.S.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people aged 16 and older. Like so many modern medical innovations, this vaccine was developed in record time using new technology. However, the technology that brought this result about has been in the works for many years.
Can tours still be scheduled?
Yes, you can contact the community directly for touring options. To do so, please call the community or visit their website and fill out the online form. Our friendly team members will assist you personally. Please be advised that some Pegasus communities will require COVID-19 screening procedures for visitors. This could be in the form of proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result dependent on state guidelines. All communities will continue to require visitors to wear proper face coverings and practice social distancing.