If you’re a senior in the Denver, CO area, you might be wondering what your options are for that next phase of life. The fact is, retiring in Denver and making the move to senior living is often the best choice, allowing you to really enjoy life with fewer worries about care and living arrangements.
Is Denver right for me?
Known as The Mile High City, Denver has more to offer than just spectacular mountain views, making it a great option for seniors. There are countless outdoor activities and fun times to enjoy when exploring the city’s fine dining, musical performances, and arts and culture scene. It makes sense that you’d want to live in a location that you enjoy. Denver is the perfect location for seniors for many reasons, including:
- Outdoor activities: Denver is a haven for gardens. Don’t miss a chance to explore Washington Park, which has been voted Denver residents’ favorite green space, or plan a visit to other city parks and gardens.
- The art scene: On the first Friday of the month, enjoy the First Friday art walk in the Art District on Santa Fe. You can also discover the work of emerging and well-known artists at one of the many galleries and museums in the Golden Triangle Creative District.
- Day trips: Take a scenic drive and see wildlife like elk, moose and bighorn sheep or make a reservation to visit Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Railroad adventures: If you enjoy getting outdoors but rock climbing and hiking seem a bit too strenuous these days, consider a round trip trek aboard the Manitou and Cog Railway. You’ll also enjoy the view of Pikes Peak summit, a National Historic Landmark, at the Pikes Peak visitors center.
- Visit the Denver Zoo: Come see and learn about the nearly 4,000 animals at the zoo. You can even pet a stingray in the 18,000-gallon saltwater pool at Stingray Cove.
Denver boasts 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods and natural beauty.
What if I need a little more help with daily living; can I still enjoy Denver?
Absolutely! If independent living doesn’t quite meet your needs, assisted living is a great choice for retiring in Denver. At The Courtyards at Mountain View, we help seniors who want to alleviate the stress of daily tasks like housework, meal prep and medication management. Now you can visit a museum or park without worrying about cleaning the house or fixing dinner. Assisted living takes those and many more burdens off your plate.
What if my loved one with dementia needs more extensive care?
Our new memory care community is opening soon to serve their needs with signature Pegasus Senior Living programing.
The Courtyards at Mountain View utilizes the Connections program, a unique, research-based memory care program designed to help seniors with Alzheimer’s and/or dementia in the Denver area lead a stimulating life. We know that a secure environment, caring staff and targeted activities are the keys to helping folks with cognitive decline thrive.
Learn more about memory care in Denver, CO and the Connections program. Our expertise can give you peace of mind by providing you with the certainty that your loved one is receiving heartfelt care.
Does our community in Denver sound like the perfect fit?
Let us help you determine what will work best for your lifestyle when retiring in Denver. We are experts in senior living and we’re passionate about it. Connect with us to set up a tour of our inviting community in the vibrant city of Denver, CO!