Are you looking for assisted living or memory care near you?
If you or your loved one could benefit from assisted living or memory care, now is the time to take advantage of the move-in specials going on at the newly renovated Pegasus Senior Living communities in Spokane, WA: South Hill Village and North Point Village.
Is assisted living the same as a nursing home?
No, assisted living communities and nursing homes are different, though they may have some of the same features. Visit a community in Spokane like North Point Village, where assisted living and memory care services are available. You’ll see they are far from nursing homes.
Explore the differences:
- According to a Healthline article, nursing homes are considered “medical environments”
- Focused on medical treatment for chronic conditions
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation for short-term stays following a medical procedure
- Long-term care for those who can no longer live an independent lifestyle
- Shared rooms
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Pet-friendly private apartments with kitchenettes
- Spacious common areas
- Full activities calendar
- Weekly housekeeping and personal laundry
- Scheduled transportation
- Three chef-inspired meals daily
Is memory care considered long-term care?
Yes, memory care is a type of long-term care. It is a specialized service for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. These residents live an engaging and honorable life, focused on celebrating their small victories and receiving individualized service. Our trained associates know how to communicate and interact with someone experiencing dementia in a way that rewards and provides relief.
According to the National Institute on Aging, long-term care involves various services tailored to individual needs:
“These services help people live as independently and safely as possible when they can no longer perform everyday activities on their own.”
Living in a community like South Hill Village is considered a form of long-term care.
South Hill Village includes:
- Signature Connections memory care program
- Assistance with ADLs
- Medication management and administration
- Mind enhancement activities
- Three meals per day
- Calm and secure environment
When is it time to consider assisted living or memory care?
What is independent living?
Dedicated to the life of leisure for retirees, independent living at South Hill Village provides you with housekeeping and chef-prepared meals, giving you more time for clubs and wellness programs. Independent living apartments include full kitchens and laundry rooms.
How much does assisted living cost?
Check our community directory for the current base price at a location near you. Use this blog as your guide to paying for senior living. Avoid spending all your Social Security benefits and retirement savings and look into other ways to pay for the senior living you need:
- Long-term care insurance: Provides daily allowance for medical, social, and personal needs.
- VA benefits: Washington VA benefits cover ADLs.
- Medicare/Medicaid: Does not cover residency but may reimburse additional medical services.