Saving and making smart choices with your money are always priorities for retirees. Ensuring you have adequate funds to meet your needs in retirement is an important task that takes some planning. You may be thinking about your options now or down the road for care, and considering retirement communities. Queensbury, NY is home to many options, so knowing your needs and income now can help you plan for your next home in a community like The Landing at Queensbury.
What Are Some Tips for Saving?
1. Downsizing: Downsizing may seem like a negative term, but it’s a great way to save money for the things you may need in the future. Selling your current home allows you to pursue other options like retirement communities. Queensbury, NY is the perfect location to retire, with the cost of living being below the national average. Downsizing to senior living means you’ll save money spent on home updates, maintenance, fees and costly repairs. In senior living communities, you skip those hassles and pay one monthly fee for housing and care.
2. Sell a vehicle: With the price of cars and gas skyrocketing, selling your used car could fetch you some significant savings. You’ll also eliminate the cost for gas, auto insurance and car maintenance. In senior living communities, community transportation can take you to doctor’s appointments or to run those errands.
3. Consider lower-cost services: Take a look at your prescription drug plan, any monthly memberships or services and shop around. You can even save on fees by switching banks or financial advisors. Take stock of what’s working and what you could potentially change in order to save.
4. Take a look at your insurance policies: If your children are grown, you may want to reevaluate life insurance premiums.
5. Get advice from a financial planner: You’ve likely been saving for retirement for a while. Work with an expert who can advise you on how best to manage your finances to meet your retirement goals. Assisted living includes daily assistance, meals, health monitoring and more and averages around $4,250 a month. At The Landing at Queensbury, pricing starts at $3,495. You’ll want to build those costs into your plan.
Can I age in place in senior living?
Yes. One of the best things about downsizing to senior living is that you can increase your level of care, if needed. At The Landing at Queensbury, both assisted living and memory care services are offered. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that a dedicated team is there for you now and in the future, and you won’t have to worry about moving again.
Can I have an active social life in retirement communities?
Queensbury, NY is the perfect place to enjoy your retirement and meet new friends. The Landing at Queensbury is conveniently located just blocks from local shopping and restaurants. There is also a robust activities calendar with plenty options to help you stay fit, engaged, and have fun with new neighbors. Studies indicate that it’s vital for seniors to stay socially active. Keeping yourself busy means less chance of loneliness, depression, heart disease, and other health conditions.
Can I afford a senior apartment?
Yes. Senior living is attainable at The Landing at Queensbury, with prices starting at $3,495 per month, which is less than the average rate for the area. Our team will work with you to find the best option for your or your loved one’s needs and lifestyle. Apartments range from studio to one-bedroom deluxe and include the following amenities:
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled A/C
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Walk-in closets
- Walk-in shower
- Screened-in porch
Now is the time to make a plan for your future considering the savings you’ll have with retirement communities. Queensbury, NY seniors love calling The Landing at Queensbury home, and you will too.
Your future starts today.
Contus us today at (518) 793-5556 to sign up for a tour of our senior living community. It’s never too late to plan for your retirement goals.