COVID-19 is spreading across the globe. But just like our communities and Pegasus as a whole, the entire world is aggressively fighting back as one.
With appropriate precautions in place such as canceling larger events, updates from the CDC, WHO and other health organizations, and everyone maintaining best sanitary practices such as social distancing, we will save lives and persevere.
At Pegasus, we are coming together as a community of compassion instead of giving in to chaos. We are comforting our families instead of adding to the hysteria. We are proactively ensuring our residents continue to remain safe and healthy calmly.
We also want to continue maintaining a human connection through the digital tools we have available for our seniors.
We are also monitoring developments and updating our families frequently via our COVID-19 updates page.
Connecting Community: FaceTime, Skype, More
In this digital age, we can take advantage of the tools available to us. We encourage family members and loved ones to reach out to residents through chatting apps and sites like FaceTime or Skype. It is a perfect way to check in on your family member while keeping everyone safe. Our communities on a local level will be reaching out to families for support or questions.
Let’s also not forget the old-fashioned phone call! Please feel free to continue calling your loved ones and keep each other updated. It’s important now more than ever to maintain communication and check in on each other.
Worried that your loved one may feel isolated without group activities? We understand this fear and want to combat it as much as possible. Pegasus is continuing to take advantage of the technology we have available to us.
We are encouraging teachers, chefs, professors, art teachers, and more to send in their instructional videos for our seniors. You are welcome to send in videos via email with a YouTube link as we stay safe quarantining ourselves. If you are interested, please send us your videos!
Stay Connected With Us
- If you aren’t already, please stay up to date with us. We post frequently about COVID-19 and also have a list of our safety and prevention protocols. We are updating our families, residents and team members internally as well as on the blog as often as possible.
- Follow your local community or the Pegasus Senior Living Facebook page.
Our Connection Stories
- Watch one of our residents at South Hill Village in Spokane, WA be serenaded by family and friends for St. Patrick’s Day with Irish tunes! Nothing stops us from having a good time and lifting each other up.
- Watch the son of one of our residents dance to lift his mother’s spirits at Laketown Village in Kenner, LA!
- In Florence, AL at The Renaissance of Florence, family members are looking in through the windows just to say hi and see their loved ones during this time.
- Our care partners at Castlewoods Place in Brandon, MS (and at our other communities) truly go the extra mile with our limited but health-conscious memory care group activities!
Keeping Each Other Healthy: Tips Regarding Visiting a Community
As a reminder, we need to continue enacting our safety and prevention protocols for our residents. Remember to adhere to the following steps:
Contain germs by steering clear of others who are sick. If you are sick, stay home until you are well. This is the best way to prevent the spread of germs.
Wash your hands often. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water isn’t available, use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
Cover your cough. Use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. If a tissue isn’t available, use the crook of your elbow to block your sneeze.
- If you are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, you are not permitted to enter our communities. We need to keep our residents healthy!
- We ask that anyone who has traveled to a country on the CDC Level 2 or 3 list within the last 30 days refrain from entering our communities. (Current countries on the list: China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, and Japan.)
- Each visitor must utilize our hand sanitizer station before proceeding further.
- Practicing social distancing: we are keeping a six-feet distance from all unless we are providing direct care.
We are inspired by the uplifting stories we hear throughout the country on a daily basis. Volunteers are rushing into grocery stores or other places to help the elderly, so they are as contained and safe as possible.
We can also come together to ensure we are doing our best. Our team members are working round-the-clock for our residents with the same passion, dedication, and care families expect from Pegasus communities.
Stay well and take care of each other! Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, especially if you are a family member or loved one of a resident.